Usually at the beginning of the week, this is how my working area in my lab looks.
Before I start my experiments for the week...
Table wiped with 70% Ethanol to kill microbes, eg: bacteria.
My own set of pipettes placed at a side.
My 'sort of personal'* PCR machine switched off to save energy.
(*Note: it is too old that almost nobody wanna use it)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But all these don't last long...When I start to work,
you see used C-fold towel and gloves here n threre,
pipette tips sometime missing the autoclave bag and left lying on the workbench,
pipettes of different volume lying over the place,
all kind of solution (wash/elution buffer, LB, etc) accidentally dripping on the bench, or even worse on my lab log book..
And by the end of the week...
This is how my workbench looks
Then why the tidying and cleaning at the end of the week, when you gonna mess it up the following week?!?
Well.. I just want to feel as if someone had clean it for me, to welcome me back for another week of hectic lab life...
I guess it's the same as leaving a light on when you go to work, so that you can feel as if someone is waiting for you to welcome you when you are back...
Just a way of 自我安慰...

2 comments:
my god, u're so free to do all the photoshop..
Not that free la..
Don't it look very Microsoft-Wordy & Print-screeny?
Post a Comment