Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bye Bye, Acacia & Albizzia...

After an inspection by OED, initiated by dunno-who, they decided to chop down 2 trees that had been with us since a long time ago..

"Albizzia tree is considered to be an undesirable tree which are prone to fall with its brittle branches and commonly removed by local authorities.
Since the position of the trees are very close to Blk E , we have to eliminate the danger by removing them soon, probably before the monsoon season. "
~quoted from the e-mail from OED to Hall Management Office

I dunno how dangerous it really is, but looking at the photo, the acacia tree is really leaning towards E Block.

And with the previous record of a land slide at that very slope few years back, I guess they did make the right decision to cut it down...
In fact, when I was staying in E701, I realised that everytime after a heavy rain, the branches seems nearer my corridor. Then, after a few bright sunny days, the branches sort of retract back.
How do I notice it?
' cos sometimes the branches touches my clothes on the clothes hanging bar...
Sien...
and some of the birds that perch on those branches will just shit on my clothes...
arGHHHHHH!!!!!...

So on 9 October 2008, I waved good-bye to the old Acacia tree...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The day after the Acacia tree was removed,
I found the sun is stronger and brighter and more 刺眼...
Shining through the hole where the tree should had been...
Then I began to appreciate the shelter the trees had given us all these years, especially when I was in E701...
人总是在失去后才懂得珍惜…

6 comments:

Max said...

讲了那么多砍树的故事,最后来一句“人总是在失去后才懂得珍惜”,给我一种“哈哈”的感觉。

=P

Max said...

btw, i think this blog serves better than the ke7news blog as a hall blog as it provides 'inside stories' such as tree-chopping.

keep it up!

GES said...

为什么是'哈哈'的感觉,而不是'嗯嗯'的感觉?

Max said...

“嗯嗯”的感觉是大便的感觉……

剑声 said...

树没有了。。

GES said...

大便是'嗯..嗯..!!! (咚) 啊........'
不是嗯嗯能够细述清楚的…