Thursday, November 12, 2009

Add Facebook Video to Your Blog

Facebook video sharing is good 'cos it notifies everyone in your network everytime you upload a new video or is tagged in a video. But unlike YouTube and many other video sharing sites, Facebook doesn’t provide an embed code for their videos.
That kinda troubles me for sometime, for I have to upload the same video to both Facebook and Youtube, one mainly for commenting, the other one mainly for embedding in blog.

Then, after some keyword search with Google, I found the solution to my problem.

Every video uploaded on Facebook has a unique ID that you can find in the browser’s address bar. Copy that number and replace it with xxx in the code below.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
<object width="400" height="224" >
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/xxx" />
<embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/xxx"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
allowscriptaccess="always"
allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="224">
</embed>
</object>
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Now I can embed that facebook video in any web page, like what I did with the video in my previous post.
That is until Facebook identify this act as an violation of some rules and disallow this way of embedding. =)

Extracted from here

1 comment:

jen said...

HI there! I stumbled upon your blog while searching for info regarding Lund University. I'm going there in jan 2010. =) Any tips or info you would like to share? I am also taking IMMUNOLOGY, and was wondering if it's very " shiong" hahha. feel free to email me at eat.dream.breathe@gmail.com yeah?

Thanks!
Jen