Friday, September 19, 2008

Grocery Shopping!! Finally...

Have been surviving on a pathetic packet of Hup Seng-Cap Ping Pong Biscuit, and a bottle of Peter Pan Peanut Butter for the past month. Can't believe I can actually survive on that.

Skipping the BS (Biological Sciences? Bull $***?) Safety Seminar, today, I finally got the chance to do my grocery.
I swept through NTUC Fairprice like an eagle eyeing on its prey, OR more appropriately, an auntie eyeing on items on promotions. =)
With the rise in hall accommodation fee, public transport fee, etc.. I really dun have the luxury to buy the more expensive stuff. So only those with 'Today's Low Price' tag.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a '快刀斩乱麻 aka chop chop' shopping, taking me no longer than 30mins....
TADAA!!! My Grocery!
~ a rather typical 'overseas' university student's grocery
Instant Noodles
Eggs & Canned Food (Sardine, Peanuts)
~to go with the Instant Noodles
Biscuits, Peanut Butter & Kaya
~I still prefer Cap Ping Pong, but Khong Guan is on promotion that day...
Bundaberg-Australian Ginger Beer
~Pamper myself a bit la...
My Food Corner...
It sure look better when it is filled with stuff...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shall I compare thee to an Auntie's grocery?
Thou art more practical and more necessary.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reduce Reuse Recycle"
~Bring your own bag and save the environment
Ya right... I got 8 plastic bags for buying the stuff. 6 bags of grocery, 2 of them double-layered.
Now, I begin to appreciate the Swedish way of forcing the plastic bag into your bill if you don't bring your own bag..

2 comments:

pikwei said...

That mean we almost finish up your food store during "tok kok" night? :P paiseh..paiseh..

GES said...

no la. still got a lot left.
but i think we finish up a lot of zheng yu's stuff, the fruit juice, noodles, jelly, campbell soup....