Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Top 10 of My Favourite Food Cooked in Lund

#10 Cornflakes Chicken 玉米片炸鸡
This is me & Jimmy's creation. Muahaha.
Nicely marinated chicken with crunchy cornflakes.
And fried till golden brown.
Tip(s):
Best if marinated overnight with Soya Sauce, Pepper, Salt.
For the cornflakes to stick to the chicken, use only Egg White (NO yolk).
Fry at medium heat.

#9 Corn Soup 玉米汤
Mum's Recipe. One of my personal favourite.
Cooked with sweet corn, minced meat. When everything is cooked, add egg and stir.
Tip(s):
Best if use Green Giant "Cream Style Sweet Corn"

#8 Bak Kut Teh 肉骨茶
Need I say more. Even the Europeans say it's good when Kang Wei cooked it for his Vildanden floor mates.
Cooked with pork with bone, and the Bak Kut Teh packet from Singapore.
Tip(s):
The longer you boil, the better the taste.
For me, it is even nicer if left overnight for the pork to absorb the essence of the soup.

#7 Har Kau 虾饺
This isn't really prepared by us. We bought it from Malmo 'Chinatown'.
But what I'm proud of is the way we cook it without a proper wok.
1st, fry till one side is slightly crispy. then add water and cover pan to steam.
and there you go. Har Kau which is crispy on 1 side and 入口即化on the other side. so you can have the better of both in 1 dish. =)
Tip(s):
err... considering the price... maybe money can be better spend on something else??

#6 Pork with Potato 香炒猪肉与马铃薯
Another mum's recipe.
1st, fry the potato, and set it aside.
Then cook pork with ginger and spices.
Finally add the potato, and oyster sauce and soya sauce.
Tip(s):
When cutting the meat, try cutting in the direction perpendicular to the muscle fibers, to avoid it being too chewy.

#5 Imperial Chicken 帝王药材鸡
Fitting a whole chicken into a pot of ~20cm in diameter and ~15cm deep prove to be a challenging task. So, what I did was to use another pot of equal diameter to cover it instead of the original cover. =)
Tip(s):
Dun be like us... Use a bigger pot..

#4 Char Siu 叉烧肉
My recipe:
2 tablespoon of Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Sauce
1 tablespoon of Tomato Sauce
1 tablespoon of Lingonberry Jam
1/2 tablespoon of Soya Sauce
Look at the ingredients... Tomato Sauce, Lingonberry Jam and Soya Sauce...
They dun seem like they will work well together, but the char siu actually taste quite nice. =)
Tip(s):
Personally I think, smaller slices of pork will absorb more of the sauce.

And here comes the Top 3

#3 Curry 咖哩
Cooked with Prima Taste Curry.
Just follow the steps printed on the box.
Tip(s):
Like Bak Kut Teh, I think curry is another dish that the longer you cook, the better the taste.

#2 Rendang 仁当猪肉

Something I wun miss when I go visit my Malay friends and relatives during Hari Raya.
Tip(s):
I still prefer Rendang Beef than Rendang Pork...

#1 Honey Roasted Pork 蜜汁烤猪
We modified the recipe cos we dun have the ingredients, and since we are approaching the end of our SEP here, we are not gonna buy more stuff.
Cooked with Honey (duh...), Salt, Black Pepper, Lemon Juice, Sesame Oil & Oregano
Tip(s):
Best if marinated overnight
Pour the sauce/juice over the pork every 10-15minutes for the best taste!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Now at least I can go back proudly and say I've pick up a life skill here.
I KNOW HOW TO COOK!!!

0 comments: